Breville BOV650XL – Compact Smart Oven Review
|Product Name:||Breville BOV650XL - Compact Smart Oven|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||16.5 x 14.25 x 10|
Breville is an Australian-owned global leader in culinary appliances. Founded in 1932 and is credited with creating the original sandwich toaster, you can be sure that this company has years and years of experience in perfecting their craft. The Breville BOV650XL Compact Smart Oven is only one of Breville’s many outstanding products, but it’s certainly one worth noticing. It has many of the features that Breville’s Smart Oven is known for, but in a much smaller size.
- The most important feature that this product has going for it would be its size. Measuring only 16 ½ x 14 ¼ x 10 inches, this 1,800-watt, 3/5-cubic-foot, and 4-slice oven is really useful particularly for those who don’t have much space to work with.
8 Pre-set functions with advanced technology
- With advanced Element IQ technology, the oven automatically adjusts the cooking temperature for each of these functions. Also, it can remember any personal temperature preferences.
- This oven is versatile but doesn’t give you the burden of thinking. Its 8 pre-set functions include bake, toast, roast, bagel, cookies, pizza, broil, and reheat.
- The controls are also well-made and designed for your utmost convenience, given that this has a backlit LCD screen where you see your settings every step of the way. It has a temperature/time control dial, a temperature conversion button, and a defrost button as well.
- This oven has a tempered glass door that’s easy to open and close. Inside, you get 3 rack positions for versatility and for increased capacity despite its compact size. The crumb tray is completely removable, so it’s also quite easy to clean up. Included as you purchase the oven are a 10×10-inch enamel broil rack as well as a 10×10-inch enamel baking pan.
Many users consider this compact oven as heaven-sent, and they continue to rave about its many benefits. Below are some of the more significant ones:
Takes up less space
- If you can have all the features you need without taking too much space, you have the ideal oven for your kitchen.
Easy to program and adjust
- Some ovens have a lot of wonderful features but are too difficult to figure out. With the Breville’s pre-set functions, users find it really easy and convenient to program what they need to do at any given time.
Remembers your favorite setting
- Even if you have 8 pre-set functions, you can actually change these functions manually to reflect your individual preferences. This oven then remembers those settings so that the next time you toast, or bake, or even broil, you don’t have to input it all over again.
In general, user feedback has been positive, focusing on the advantages of this compact smart oven. However, for any product, there will always be room for improvement. For this Breville compact smart oven in particular, below are some cons that users have mentioned:
Not a convection toaster
- While this oven is pretty powerful, this is not a convection toaster oven. What that means is it doesn’t have a fan to ensure that the heat is evenly distributed. Some users are very particular about this, so this is something to note.
Too small for some
- It’s also good to note from the onset that this is really designed to be compact in size. So for those looking for bigger ovens that can heat up and prepare food that’s larger in size, this one is not for you.
Comparison to Similar Products
The Smart Oven Pro is something that Breville is really known for, especially because of its Element IQ that comes in really handy. If you want something similar but a little bigger, you can go for Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven instead. This one has 10 functions and is 18 ½ x 15 ¾ x 11 inches in size, so it’s so much more spacious than the compact version.
On the other hand, if you want something even more compact, you can go for the Breville BOV450XL, which measures 14 x 15.5 x 8.8 inches. It also has 8 pre-set cooking functions and similar features, but is smaller in size and more affordable as well.
If you want a smart oven that can help you with all your cooking needs without taking too much counter space, the Breville BOV650XL could be what you’re looking for. As mentioned, this 1,800-watt stainless steel oven is extra compact, so you get all the cooking convenience without stressing out about where to put it.Check Current Price