KitchenAid KCO222QG Countertop Oven Review
|Product Name:||KitchenAid KCO222QG 12" Countertop Oven|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||20 x 17 x 11.3|
KitchenAid is one of the most recognizable brands when it comes to everything you need for the kitchen. Your kitchen is a place where you can really let yourself loose, and with KitchenAid by your side, there’s practically nothing you can’t do. Its superior quality products have helped families produce hearty meals for many years now, and this KitchenAid KCO222OB Countertop Oven is no exception.
This countertop toaster oven by KitchenAid is a pretty cool appliance that you can use for various kitchen needs, and it’s something that comes loaded with great features:
Large oven capacity
- Measuring 20.1 x 16.2 x 11.3 inches, this oven comes with a large oven cavity and two stainless steel racks. This oven cavity is so spacious, you can actually bake up two 12-inch pizzas at a time. Alternatively, you can fit four chicken breasts, a whole 4-lb chicken, multiple slices of bread, and so much more.
Non-stick interiors for easy cleaning
- Its large oven capacity gives you the ability to cook almost anything, but this oven also ensures that the cleaning process isn’t as difficult. That’s because the interiors are made of non-stick material, which makes it quite easy to wipe clean.
- This also comes with a useful 60-minute timer, which you can set easily so that the oven itself reminds you that the dish is done. This is really handy especially if you’re the forgetful type.
Truly the best aid you can get for your kitchen duties, you can do a number of different functions with this countertop oven. You’re not just limited to toasting, because you can also broil and bake to your heart’s content.
Aside from having a countertop oven with the KitchenAid brand name right in your kitchen, there are a good number of benefits that people have discovered as they keep using this product. Here are some of them:
Can fit in a lot of food
- The capacity of this countertop toaster oven is definitely a winner, because when you think countertop ovens you usually think about those tiny ones that can heat up a slice of pizza or four slices of bread. Because of the sheer size of this oven’s cavity as well as the two racks that only make this capacity even bigger, this oven is one that can fit in so much food, making it ideal to use during those moments when you’re about to entertain guests or you want to prepare a medium to large sized meal for your loved ones.
Functions like a full-sized oven
- Being a countertop oven, this is obviously not as big as your full-sized oven. However, one of the best things about this is that even if it’s smaller, it performs like a full-sized oven. You can use this countertop oven to do many of the things you would do in a full-sized one – bake homemade pizza, toast slices upon slices of bread, broil a hearty side dish, roast chicken, and many more.
The glass front door becomes too hot to handle
- One of the disadvantages to this oven is that the glass front door tends to be too hot to handle and this could be dangerous if you’re not cautious enough. You should not underestimate this because many users have really complained about severe burns because of this door. That also means when you use it, keep it away from other items, especially if you don’t want these items to get warm.
Comparison to Similar Products
KitchenAid actually has quite a number of ovens that are comparable to this 12-inch countertop one. There’s the 12” KitchenAid Convection Bake Countertop Oven, which has many similar features to this one but differs because it’s a convection oven. While the regular countertop one comes in onyx black, the convection bake countertop oven comes in contour silver.
Taking that a step further is KitchenAid’s 12” convection bake digital countertop oven. In addition to all the winning features of the other two, this comes with a stainless steel finish, as well as a digital display that’s really easy to use and read. Aside from that, it also has a nonstick drip tray.
If you want a countertop oven that gives you almost the same functions as your regular-sized oven, then you’re in for a treat with this offering from KitchenAid. It’s small enough not to take so much room in your counter but also quite spacious inside, giving you enough room for all kinds of dishes.
Check Current Price